Tuesday, March 17, 2015
FOLDING THE AMERICAN FLAG
Did you know there was a meaning behind each one of the 13 folds of the American Flag when performed by an Honor Guard?
1. The 1st fold of our flag is a symbol of life.
2. The 2nd fold is a symbol of our belief in Eternal Life.
3. The 3rd fold is made in honor and remembrance of the veterans departing our ranks who gave a portion of their lives for the defense of our country to attain peace throughout the world.
4. The 4th fold represents our weaker nature, for as American citizens trusting in God, it is to Him we turn in time of peace as well as in time of war for His divine guidance.
5. The 5th fold is a tribute to our country, for in the words of Stephen Decaur, "Our Country," in dealing with our countries may she always be right; but it is still our country, right or wrong.
6. The 6th fold is for where our hearts lie. It is with our hearts that We pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, Indivisible , with Liberty and Justice for all.
7. The 7th fold is a tribute to our Armed Forces, for it is through the Armed Forces that we protect our country and our flag against all her enemies, whether they be found within or without the boundaries of our republic.
8. The 8th fold is a tribute of the one who entered into the valley of the shadow of death, that we might see the light of day.
9. The 9th fold is a tribute to womanhood, and Mothers, for it has been through their faith, their love, loyalty and devotion that the character of the men and women who have made this country great has been molded.
10. The 10th fold is a tribute to the father, for he too, has given his sons and daughters for defense of our country since they were first born.
11. The 11th fold represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon, and glorifies in the Hebrews eyes, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
12. The 12th fold represents an emblem of eternity and glorifies, in Christian eyes, God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
13. The 13th fold or when the flag is completely folded the stars are uppermost reminding us of our nation’s motto, “In God We Trust.”
After the flag is completely folded and tucked in, it takes on the appearance of a cocked hat, ever reminding us of the soldiers who served under General George Washington, and the sailors and Marines who served under Captain John Paul Jones who were followed by their comrades and shipmates in the Armed Forces of the US, preserving for us the rights, privileges and freedoms we enjoy today.
This informative information was sent by member, Ann Warren.
Posted by Southport, North Carolina at 9:51 AM